We like to push boundaries and no two days are the same in our office. We like to play at the top level and nurture a culture of innovation & creativity. If you are keen to be part of a hard-working and visionary team you will fit right in.
Software Engineer Infrastructure / Cloud
Looking for something different? If you are passionate about IT and data and want to do highly impactful work within a team environment, you have come to the right place!
As Oceania’s only Full-Service Certified RStudio Partner we use open-source technologies to visualise data, craft dashboards and help clients all over the world fine-tune their data science infrastructure. As part of our agile and dynamic team you might be helping world class researchers one day and then supporting New Zealand government organisations the next. We work with a group of awesome clients from around the globe including the World Health Organisations, Universities of Melbourne, Hong Kong and Chicago, and the Pirebright Institute as well as important New Zealand based clients like Statistics New Zealand, Department of Coprrections and the Ministry of Health. Our goal is to provide professional services and software products to help our clients build enterprise data science and analytics solutions that are flexible and powerful – and to have a great time doing it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will work on a diverse set of data science infrastructure projects to help our clients get the most out of open-source technologies like R and Python, enabling better data-driven decision making and effective communication of results. Experience with data science and associated open-source technologies (R, Python) would be a big plus, however is not mandatory and we can train you in these technologies. There is also a chance to get involved into some of our bespoke dashboard projects to get hands on with R and Python – let’s discuss!
The role is all about:
- Working in a strong, agile and close-knit team
- Proven communication skills with ability to discuss complex findings with our customers -with patience and compassion
- We are a learning organisation – we hope to learn from you, and we provide ample opportunities to learn from us and deepen your skills; staying up-to-date with the latest cloud and data science technologies is key!
- A desire to share your knowledge, when talking to colleagues, customers or contributing to webinars, posts, talks or articles. This special role has become available as our current Engineer is relocating back to her overseas home for urgent family reasons.
What technical skills are we looking for?
- Strong background in Linux and cloud infrastructure implementation and administration, in particular Azure and AWS
- Load balancing with Docker, NGINX, Kubernetes
- Setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines and tooling, infrastructure-as-code
- Knowledge of databases (i.e. PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server) and REST APIs
- Ideal but not essential - experience with R, R Shiny, Python and associated ecosystems (e.g. CRAN, PyPI)
- Thinking out of the box to develop solutions - we love exploring innovative ways to progress what we do
WHO SHOULD APPLY
You have a university degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or similar university degree) with at least 5 years relevant work experience. You are keen to further your technical skills, learn in a fun and progressive team environment and like to explore emerging ideas.
WHY WORK FOR US
Preserving our planet through sustainability and innovation is important to us and we hope you share these values too. Perks like company e-bike, health insurance, and flexible working are all part of the package. As a B-Corp certified business, we believe that the principles and practices of Equal Opportunity Employment are crucial to delivering high quality work. We welcome applications from diverse cultural groups and lived experiences, as we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. Salary range will be matched to skill set and experience.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would like to work for us and what you will bring to the role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.